If you are interested in volunteering, please read below.
The Diocese of Rockford requires that all of our volunteers complete the following elements of the Diocesan Safe Environment Program which protects the safety and well-being of all children, young people and vulnerable adults at all times. Please read the instructions carefully. You are not required to print each document to its entirety, simply the page you must sign. If you do not have access to a printer, please contact the Parish Office and the required forms can be provided to you.
When you have finished, the completed forms should be returned to the Parish Office (565 Standish St., Elgin, IL 60123).
Please follow the steps below to complete all required forms:
Step 1: Please print and complete the attached Introductory Questionnaire for our Parish Records:
Step 2: Please read the “St. Laurence Catholic Church Volunteer Instructions for Diocesan Safe Environment Forms” letter containing instructions for reading, printing and signing the appropriate documents. Required documents found below.
- STL Parish Volunteer Instruction Letter – Updated January 2017
- Print and return Volunteer forms checklist
- Protecting God‘s Children instruction sheet print certificate of completion OR
- Guidelines for Those Working with Youth
- Acknowledgement Form – page 8 of above document
- Diocese of Rockford Sexual Misconduct Norms print and sign page 27
- Code of Pastoral Conduct print and sign page 16
- Diocesan Code for the Pastoral Use of Technology and Social Media print and sign page 5
- DCFS Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status print and sign form
- Authorization to Conduct Background Check: Criminal History Information Response Process (CHIRP): http://www.rockforddiocese.org/pdfs/human-resources/Authorization_to_Conduct_Background_Check.pdf print and sign form
Step 3: Please return all completed forms to the Parish Office. In addition, please bring the $10 to cover the cost of your Background Check.
Thank you for your time,
St. Laurence Parish Staff